Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Running In & Around Kinnelon NJ

A while back I received an email from former Kinnelon resident, Lissa Wohltmann, asking about competitive running events and races in and around Kinnelon.

Sadly, I didn't have much to share with her - other than Morris County Park Commission monthly hikes, Brake the Hunger Cycle Bike Tours - which is coming right up!, and CROP Walks.

Lissa was a good sport. She contacted the New Jersey running club which offered several resources.

In the spirit of being better prepared the next time the question comes up, I share with you here what she learned, a few events I've since come across, and invite you to share with us any competitive running events you know of.

As Lissa wrote to me, "I knew where to look for marathons around the country, but some runs are so small that they are only advertised around the community."

If you are on the lookout for running events in and around Kinnelon, here are a few resources to start with:

List of New Jersey Running Clubs
Search Races in New Jersey by type and/or timeframe 
The New Jersey Road Runner Club
The Race Finder on Runners World
Search Active.com for events within 50 miles of Kinnelon, NJ

From a Kinnelon specific perspective, these are events I came across:


Do you know of others in Kinnelon? Would you let me know so I can add them to this list?

Many thanks and Happy Running!








Image credit: NorthJersey.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...