Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Meeting Friends at the Smoke Rise Inn: Herb Fisher

Meeting Friends at the Smoke Rise Inn: Herb Fisher and CB Whittemore
HOF and CB
Herb Fisher came to Kinnelon last week and we got to meet in person at the Smoke Rise Inn!

He had come to visit from Texas for the reunion of the first four years to graduate from Kinnelon High School. The first class graduated in 1962 - making next year the 50th reunion year...

[That's a story that needs to be told. I believe current KHS students interviewed Herb and his fellow alumni for KHS TV... Is a transcript available?]

I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to talk with Herb IRL [in real life]. Despite this being our first time meeting, it felt as if we were long-time friends given all of our exchanges via email and the blog.

Pretty neat.

Herb also brought me my very own book of Smoke Rise matches which, he says, used to be available in the Smoke Rise Inn lobby area in a large bowl.

Smoke Rise Matches

Thanks, HOF! I hope you'll be back to visit soon.

Congratulations to the first KHS graduating class alumni! 




4 comments:

John said...

Splendid!

Wish I'd been there, too!

Your blog has made many connections possible Christine.

Thank you.

CB Whittemore said...

Thanks, John! I think there are lots more marvelous reunions about to take place. When are you coming back?

Best,
CB

William D Holman said...

I was wondering if Herb Fisher is the son of the Herb Fisher that was one of my fathers best friends in Smoke Rise. My father Dr. Robert V Holman died in 1982. He was 66 years old.

CB Whittemore said...

Bill,

I have just confirmed with HOF. He is indeed who you think he is and remembers fondly times at your house on cherry Tree Ln with Cream/Stones/Hendricks/Jefferson Airplane, etc blasting from the speakers.

He also mentioned flying a single engine airplane to U of Colorado/Boulder to meet your brother John.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with HOF.

Thanks for your comment!

Best,
CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...