|It needs a little love!|
I will be giving my 2nd talk at the Kinnelon Library this Thursday, Jan. 19 at 7 PM, which is the first of 3 such talks a month apart, on the subject of taking care of your Windows PC, new or old, with special attention in Part 1 to:
Free Software to Disinfect Your Computer including :
1) What to do when you first notice that you have an infected machine.
2) What are Restore and Recover and why you should care
The free software includes Malwarebytes' and Spybot's free programs which you can download and install from these links.
I cannot over-stress the importance of acting quickly if you think you have such a problem, so whatever you decide to do, pursue disinfection yourself, or have someone do it for you, do it right away.
How to Surf Safely -- Howto explore the internet without getting infected, or having your identity stolen:
1) How to know if a website or download is safe
2) When to say Yes and when to say No
Ask Your Questions and Solve Your Problems --"Open Mike" -- Questions such as
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) What is the best Free On-Line Backup?
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1231 and reserve a spot.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you previous attendees (from last summer), and all of you new people
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 7, Vista and XP
Photo Credit: www.cosmosmagazine.com