|This Poor Woman hasn't Backed Up Her Computer!|
|This One Has! |
Similar results are reported for men!
I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Public Library, Thursday, July 19 at 7 PM, which is the 6th of 9 such talks a month apart, on the subject of taking care of your Windows PC.
We will go through how to set up Microsoft Included Backup Software in Win 7 or Vista including:
1) How to Configure the Backup Software -- Do you want to backup Files, an Image for the While Disk, both … ???
2) How to Run the Backups -- You can backup your computer manually and automatically and restore -- it's nice to know how before you absolutely have to.
3) How to Schedule the Backups and When to Run Them -- I will walk you through it.
4) What Hardware to Buy -- Do you need an external or internal hard drive, or a flash drive, or ...?
5) What about 3rd Party Backup Software – If you buy an external hard disk from Seagate or Western digital it will often come with Free Backup Software -- it is any good and how is it different from what comes with Windows. What about cloning or mirroring?
And, if we have time I will walk us through the killing of a Live Virus using readily available free software such as Malware Bytes which I have discussed in other talks and which can be found in other articles on this Blog.
And, As Always we will have our Open Mike period at the end of the talk and demo, so you can find out why your computer isn't doing what you want:
Ask Your Questions about Your Computer and Computer Related Problems, such as:
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 7, Vista and XP
PPS: Note this is a change of date from June to July due to an equipment issue.
Photo Credits: And I do not make this stuff up!!!
http://womenwantme.com/attract-women-with-your-facebook-pictures.html and various sites for the unahppy woman.