Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Recipes from the Smoke Rise Inn and Chef George Spicy Asian Glaze and Mango Cucumber Salsa -- 1st Part of 4



We have 2 more great summer recipes for the home kitchen from Chef George Tavolara to share with all of you -- a Spicy Asian Glaze or BBQ Sauce and a Mango Cucumber Salsa -- both great for the upcoming 4th of July Holiday or anytime in warmer weather.

This post begins a 4 part series of articles, the first and the 3rd of which release the recipe, and the 2nd and 4th with my execution of them. Did that come out wrong? I mean, I am going to make the recipes!

SR Inn Spicy Asian Glaze

2 Cups Hoisin Sauce
2 TBSP Freshly Chopped Ginger
1 TBSP Freshly Chopped Garlic
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/8 Cup Honey
4 TBSP Chile Paste (Easily found in most Asian Markets)
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil


Sauté garlic and ginger in oil. Add chili paste, then soy sauce followed by the rice wine vinegar, honey and Hoisin sauce and bring to a boil. This is a great for grilled chicken, pork or your favor fish such as salmon.

This is a pretty easy recipe to follow, even for me, and I expect to have good results to show -- actually I cheated, and I already have good results to show based on the impartial judgment of Emma and Christine -- which I will post in a few days.

Our thanks to Chef George and the Smoke Rise Inn.

Bon Appetit,

~Ted Whittemore

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...