|Click on image for larger view.|
Talk about an honor! I found myself in the same room with the dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who make Kinnelon's CLL program successful - an impressive group, captured in the panoramic shot above [photo courtesy of Jack Davies, via Ron Leavesley].
Kinnelon's CLL - HighlightsRon shared highlights about the CLL program during this end-of-semester lunch which celebrates the program's 33rd semester, after 17 years:
- Since 1993, 9000 students have experienced 'adventures in learning'.
- 50% are non Kinnelon residents.
- Feedback from program evaluations allow the program to evolve and better serve the needs of those participating.
- Each semester includes a mix of basic courses that are repeated and completely new classes to keep the program fresh.
- The CLL started contributing to the Kinnelon Library in 2005. Since then, it has contributed ~$48K.
[Definitely check out Look What CLL Has Done for So Many!]
Kinnelon's CLL - 2010 HighlightsDuring 2010, CLL included two courses that extended over two semesters - George Cox's Supreme Court Program (45 students) and Ken Stride's Music Appreciation/American Song Book Program (83 participants) - which both had record attendance! Tell Me Something I Don't Know attracted 104 students.
- Approximately 700 students took part in the 2010 programs.
- 65 instructors (vs. 50 in past years) taught.
- 29 other communities participated with students coming from Bloomingdales, Butler, Pompton Lakes & Plains, Wayne, Wanaque and beyond.
Kinnelon's CLL - 2011 Spring Semester ProgramCLL's next semester starts February 21st and lasts through April 29th [i.e., 10 weeks]. The course brochure will be available at the end of January. 15 classes will be offered including:
- Classic films/Hitchock
- Great American Song Book will take place twice a week with 35 students per class
- Tom McCluskey re: Islam
- Art Adventures with Bob and Laurie Frank
- Humor with Michael Studnick
Be on the lookout for Spring Semester CLL course brochure and seriously consider taking part in a program unlike any other offered in Northern New Jersey!
Thanks for including me, Ron, and thanks to all those I met who made me feel so welcome!